Home Affairs, also known as Consular Section, offers services to the citizens of South Africa as well as foreigners who wish to visit, work or stay in South Africa.
The following services are offered:
- Foreign birth registration
- Identity document
- Passport and travel document,
- Personal amendment
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Temporary residence permits
- Permanent residence permits
- Administrative fines
- Security deposit
The Consular Section is open to the members of the public from Monday to Thursday between 9h00 and 12h00, except on public holidays (see list of Embassy holidays).
Postal applications must be clearly marked for the attention of the Consular Section.