- An information document on the importation of dogs and cats into the Republic of South Africa
- The application form to import dogs and cats into the Republic of South Africa
- The animal health permit office contact details
Upon arrival in South Africa you must produce:
- The Veterinary Import Permit (which you will need to apply for) and a
- Original vaccination records for your dog/cats
COST OF OBTAINING IPORT PERMIT: ZAR 210.00.
You must arrange collection of the permit directly with the permit office (please note that additional charges may be incurred).
The Veterinary Health Certificate will be sent to you with the import permit and must be completed within ten days of departure by the local state veterinarian.